Skip to main content

S'mores Bars

S'mores Bars

If you've ever been to Kim's Lovin' from the Oven blog, you know that she's absolutely a baking genius! I've been reading her blog for the past couple of years, and she has some amazing creations. So far, this is my favorite recipe that she has posted.

While I like s'mores, they're really not something I crave. These s'mores bars, however, are so good I made it twice in less than a week! One regular version; the other an Elvis remix (coming to you next week!).

This recipe is so simple, so delicious, there's not really much more to say except go try it! You won't be disappointed!

Come back next week for Elvis S'mores Bars!


Ready to come out of the oven!

Close-up... can you see the graham cracker flecks?

One of the best creations ever!


S'mores Bars

Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter, room temperature
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs (about 4-5 whole graham crackers)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 regular sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
7 oz. container marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.

Divide dough in half. Press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough, break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer. Spread marshmallow creme/fluff over the chocolate layer. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

Makes 16 cookie bars. 

Comments

  1. These look awesome!! I feel a craving coming on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those do look good! I love s'mores, and this will be a much easier way for me to eat lots of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These bars look beautifully fudgy and gooey :D
    You have my attention!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  4. S'mores are my favorite! These look like they taste amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man these look amazing! definitely need to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love s'mores bars..... I have only made them once as I think I ate most of the pan before anyone got home. YIKES! Yours look amazing... I want one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, definitely need to try these. And I can't wait for the Elvis version :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last picture tells me that this would be an addiction if I tasted it-yum! Smore's are always welcome here, I look forward to the elvis ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh nummmmmmy. Why do you torture me so???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh, these look dangerously decadent :) Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These would last about 5 minutes (maybe) in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Just look at all the marshmallowy oozing goodness... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look AMAZING! Love the recipe!!! Totally drooling! :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes please!! How do I sign up to get these mailed to me ASAP?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't made s'mores bars yet, but I'm thinking I'm definitely going to bake some up this weekend. Starving now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooey gooey sweet and chewy! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yum! These really sound fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment